How they made it happen
The Energy Audit:
- PTC’s Energy audit team conducted the energy audit in 2017.
- Steps for the audit included Building Utility Data Analysis, Walk-Through Survey, and Baseline for Building Energy Use and Evaluating Energy-Saving Measures.
- The inspection survey involved processes and systems to reduce the amount the energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output.
Energy Conservation Measures (ECM):
As per the energy audit, various ECM were recommended. ECM is basically designed, installed and commissioned in a way that they guarantee energy savings. This included both industrial and commercial facilities.
- ECM-1 : Replacement of existing CFL & FTL with the LED lights
- ECM-2 : Improvement in Facility Electricity Trends – Reduction in contract demand – Revision of Traffic Structure
- ECM-3 : Improvement in power factor
- ECM-4 : Installation of new glazing’s on window
Implementation of ECMs:
Successful implementations of ECM led to the subsequent but relevant changes reducing cost and saving energy.